February 4, 2009

If I Spent Less Time on Facebook I'd Probably Blog More



I'm sick of winter, yo. Like today after music class The Bean and I chilled and napped and then we played and then we got sick of being in the house and I thought about getting an onion because we need one for the marinara sauce I was going to make on Sunday. But getting an onion would require driving and all the hoopla that goes on with getting the kid in the car and I just didn't feel like making the babe go through all that for an onion. An avocado, perhaps, but an onion? It was cold out today, probably too cold for a walk to the local grocery store, but even if I decided to risk it, it would require putting many layers on The Bean and then stuffing her in the stroller. And I just wasn't up for that. But if it was warm out....no jacket or Bundle Me or hat or gloves. I could just stick Beanie in her buggy and away we'd go. Ahhhh. And there'd be sun, which would be wonderful for obvious reasons, but also then I could be out later. We live on a rather dangerous-to-cross curve and since it gets dark around 4ish, I don't want to take any chances crossing with just the stroller.

I was too lazy to even take The Bean out to the mailbox, which is just out on the driveway. I'd still need to bundle her up so we just ended up in the house for so much of the day. Ugh. It will be so nice to be outside just as another venue.

If you're considering babies in your future you might consider having babies in the winter. By the time they wake up and want to interact with the world (around 4 months) it's getting nice out.

I'm so not listening to that rabid little groundhog neither.

No comments: