June 17, 2008

Boxing It All and Moving On Up


So we got the beautiful apartment with the small closets on School Street! We even got movers to move 90% of our stuff up in a week and a half! I'm hoping I feel good enough to spend a few days there and make some sense of the place. The more we do at the end of June, the better it will be when we return with the Bean.

We need to pack! Do you know the secret to good packing? Good boxes. And having a lot of good boxes. With 11,000 points, I am the undisputed box queen. N. merely showed scratched the surface with his slightly better than paltry contribution to the box situation.

Admittedly, I got a little box crazed. You see, while rule # 1 is good boxes = good packing, rule #2 is: never pay for boxes when you live in a world that spilling over with them. Colleges have so many excellent boxes. When you have no work at work, you can spend loads of time hunting for the excellent Domtar boxes. I've been stashing them in my office for the last few weeks. When N. picked me up on Monday to collect the boxes, he practically threw up with the sheer number I had managed to get. There were too many to fit in our car. Never fear. I'm able to neatly bring home 3 at a time on the subway.

For being the undisputed box queen and 8.5 months pregnant, N. gets to make me an ice cream sundae. He gets one too, but no sprinkles on his. That seems fair, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not even chocolate sprinkles?