November 2, 2010

Cute Things My (Older) Daughter Says: Feel Free to Skip This Post If You're Not Related Or Just Not In The Mood

Hi Bean!

It's been a while since this blog has been addressed to you. It's election night and while your dad wants to follow the depressing returns, I thought I might come up with a list of cute things you say because in a few weeks/months/years you won't be talking the toddler talk.

So here it is:

Garbon: This is garbage as in please can throw this in the garbon for me. You can now say garbage but garbon sounds so nice and French that we've decided that in the house we can say it while outside we use the proper word.

Mines: As in, this is mines! And this is mines! And this silly baby toy that I have zero interest in except that it's next to my sister is mines!

Pumyum: This is how you say pumpkin. You say pumpkin perfectly but now we just like pumyum better.

Pocket down Rosey: This is how you sing Ring-Around-Rosey.

"I want to be a wedding!" You are very interested in weddings and brides right now since your babysitter's sister just got married and you got to look at pictures of the bride. Yesterday you said you wanted to marry me and daddy, but later, after a short lecture on the institute of marriage, changed your mind and decided that you wanted to marry your neighbor/buddy H. You wanted to get married at his house because they have delicious grammy cookies.

Grober: As in the Sesame Street character, Grover. You always say that you like Elmo, Daddy likes Cookie Monster, I like Big Bird and Dahlia likes Grober.

Eggy/Eggie: As in Ellen, your wonderful babysitter. You can say Ellen, but perhaps unfortunately for her, we've all taken to calling her Eggy.

Bobo: This is what you called H's dog Boregard. Apparently they all call him that now.

Big Arm: This took me forever to figure out and I was so psyched when I did that I think I woke your dad up to tell him the big arm mystery was solved. Big Arm=Playground! It's unclear weather you like calling it big arm or you really can't say it.

Okay, that's all I can think of right now. Your dad insists on depressing me with the election returns.

Keep talking your blue streak, baby!

Love, Mama

No comments: