October 26, 2010

Jumpin Jack Flash

So....we made it back to NH, totally in love with the spaciousness of the minivan. Man, did it feel crowded back in the Impreza. I think we'll sell/trade N's outback and get something totally uncool. Actually, I like the Toyota Highlander a lot and that looks pretty cool, but I've never driven one and I have a feeling that nothing will be as spacious as a minivan.

We've gotta get a babysitter so we can go test drive some mom mobiles! How's that for fun?

What else? N's had LONG days at work this week so I've been on solo parenting duty. I feel like it's pretty mangeable although dinner was a little nutty. I didn't tell N what his first born had for dinner, but I'll tell you: cottage cheese and yogurt and frozen blueberries.

I said, "what do you want for dinner, Bean?"
Bean said, "Cottage cheese and yogurt and frozen blueberries."
So she did.
It was late. The baby was crying and hungry and tired and crying and we didn't really have anything prepared so I gave her what she asked for. Halfway through I defrosted a hot dog so she'd have some semblance of protein, but it wasn't my finest of meals.

Miss Koala had gobs of squash and oatmeal. She LOVED it. At least she got happy when I fed her and cried when I stopped. After a while I had to stop since it seemed liked she was eating too much for someone her size even if she is enormous.

We started feeding her solids for dinner over the weekend instead of giving her a bottle. She was SO happy. It defnitely helps her feel more settled when she nurses before bed. But I have to feed her early, not too close to bedtime, or she gets too full and kind of sick. I messed that up tonight. But it was so nice out this afternoon and we went down to the playground where there were a million kids and you know this weather isn't going to last and we just kept running into people we knew and it was one of those nights where you give your kid what she asks for for dinner because then you don't actually have to think of something.

Oh, and yesterday, Bean had strawberry ice with whipped cream and a cherry. For lunch.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I have noted the reference (despite my experience) to the Stones.