March 11, 2009

And Then You Realize That You're One of Those People Who Never Updates Their Blog Any More

But we've been away, kiddies. Got a touch of the cabin fever so The Bean and I spontaneously headed down to NYC for a few days. We got to swing in baby swings for the first time in Central Park no less and momma got to go shopping and out to dinner, practice yoga, see a movie and take long walks and all kinds of fabo things. Most importantly there was a lot of chillaxing with the grandrents and Unkie who even changed a diaper! It was nice to get out NH and see black people in addition to all our Upper West Side activities. N met us there on the weekend and then we came up to the country to the in-laws where we are now. So yes, this is a lame post, but at least I'm posting unlike some people.

This week (and next and next) we're attempting to sleep train The Bean. She's 7 months and eating three meals a day and while they may not be square (orange color food only!) she's getting enough in the belly to sleep through the night. At least we think so. For the last two nights when she wakes up at 2, N goes in and comforts her and gives her water in the hopes that she'll go back to sleep till 6 AM...6:30...7!!. For the past two nights I've nursed her at 2:30 and 3:30, but doesn't everything take time?

This week I realized with the help of my styling brother and mama that I've been dressing like a pregnant pilgrim for the last year and half. When Ms. Bean was in utero it was more forgivable, but no longer. Good by nursing bras! Hello my old friend under wire! Good by ill fitting pants and loose top! I can't tell you how happy I am to be packing up all my old clothes and either donating them to the local second hand store or putting them up in our storage space otherwise known as the death trap that is our attic. While N and I will be psyched to give the Bean a sibling to boss around in the future, I don't know what scares me more: the thought of going through labor again or having to wear awful clothing for another year +. Maybe the latter, since as far as I know, there's no epidural for depressing, pilgrim inspired, post-pregnancy New-England winter fashion.

1 comment:

Karen said...

kw enjoyed the visit, too.