July 18, 2008

Things We're Doing List


This week N. and I were able to cross a few more things off our list of NYC things to do. One thing, which technically wasn't on the list, but N. added as an addendum, was going to Juniors. It had been a while since I ate there and the food was surprisingly good. My matzoh ball soup wasn't overly salty and the chicken salad sandwich we shared was actually quiet tasty and fresh. N. was happy with his egg cream, too.

The food was more disappointing at Peter Luger's. To be honest, eating there once was enough for me, but N. wanted to go again and since there were friends involved who am I to say no? The sides were all pretty standard--decent fries and onions rings, heart-attack ridden creamed spinach---it's what I expected. But the steak wasn't that great. I've had better. N. think it's because we got the steak for 4 (there were 6 of us but we had a lot of sides) and that if we went again, which we won't, he'd stick to the steak for one because you get a smaller and therefore better selection. The first couple of pieces I had were pretty much all fat.

Yesterday's outing was to Long Beach out on Long Island. N. and I took the LIRR from Atlantic Ave and even though we had to switch trains in Jamaica, Queens, we were beach side in less than an hour. I'd never been to LB before and it's great. I thought the water was a lot cleaner and nicer than at Brighton Beach. The ocean was the perfect temperature, too. Cool without being freezing and very refreshing. I'd get to Long Beach soon though. In another month the jelly fish babies, which can't sting now, will be full-grown and up for some human flesh.

The photo used for today's entry is property of N's. I believe it was the time he escaped a flesh-eating, cheesecake looking jelly fish attack.

No comments: