July 3, 2008

Muchos Gracias, Mi Hermano


Since I've last posted we've: unloaded 8,000 boxes, made 12 trips to Kmart, 21 trips to Pier 1, 11 trips to the the town dump, ate, slept, showered, and used the dishwasher in our new home, saw Wall-E, drank 124 Heinkens, eaten 16 bags of potato chips, and got a Lebanon library card! It's yellow! Do you know which was most exciting for me?

Most of the above would not have been possible without the generous time and effort of my brother, who despite his ugly-ass "moving" pants was a total rock star. On his own accord, Jacob, offered to come up to help us, which meant a 10! hour train trip on Sunday, and a myriad of boxes to lift and unpack and multiple trips up to the attic and random places in town on Monday and Tuesday.

Not only did N. and I wake the dude up at unreasonable AM hours, we forget to get him whole milk so he couldn't even imbibe Kiks with us. He even put up with us referring to him as our "man-servant"! So many thanks, little bro. And sorry for my back seat driving comments---2 nights on an aero bed when pregnant is okay, 3 makes you a tired little bitch.

I don't have a review of the new David Sedaris since I slept through most of what N. played on the way up and Jacob didn't let us listen to anything but Lil Wayne on the way back. For reals.

"Bet I'm gonna reap this when I'm gone defeat this while I'm here
Gonna keep beatin this street shit in ya ear
Gonna speak in every single street this year
My shit beat in every jeep on every street this year"


P.S. Lest we scare visitors away, N. wanted me to clarify that normally the train ride from NYC to our house is 7 hours. There were some delays on Jacob's train. (I've heard there are always delays but not usually 3 hours worth.)

No comments: