April 11, 2008

I'm Going To Miss (Most of) This

There's a baby crying. Like really crying. And this woman next to me has been on her cell phone for maybe 40 minutes. The sing along is going to happen in 20 minutes so there's about 1,000 kids and their caretakers gridlocking the water cooler with their $1,000 strollers, getting amped up on coffee and organic apple juice so psyched to sing Old MacDonaldTwinkleTwinkle for the next half hour. Normally I can block all this out but today I'm not really getting much work done because I keep thinking how there won't be anything like this in NH. I'm not kidding when I say there must be 25 kid-less people all between 20-40 on their laptops--23 of them are using Macs of course.

One thing I won't miss is the shoeless man.

I understand being comfortable. But not wearing shoes--today he's not even wearing socks! I don't want to see his feet. That's not why I paid $8.00 for a decaf latte and scone. He wouldn't be able to pull this shit up in NH. Mid-April it's still too cold to be a shoeless wonder.

No comments: