February 4, 2011

Friday February Books!

Yeah, I still do read. Probably as much as you do and on less sleep too! Not to make you feel bad about yourself or anything.

Now, thanks the awesomeness of Xmas, I can read on my Kindle. Didn't think I would, but I kind of love it. Reading Anna Karenina on it now and for the foreseeable future. That's a long book and I'm in the farming/Levin part, which is slightly as tedious as they say, but I am enjoying the romance. I also read Room and I Remember Nothing on the Kindle. The Ephron wasn't worth it. I liked I Feel Bad About My Neck, but this one felt like I Still Feel Bad About My Neck Except I Already Made A Killing Off This Idea Before So Maybe If I Call It Something Else But Keep It Very Similar No One Will Catch On. IRN made me question if I would actually like Nora if we were to say, meet and have coffee. Room is a total head trip. A very fast read, certain to give you 1-2 nights of weird dreams, but something you really can't stop reading. Also, it gave me A LOT of perspective on being housebound with kids. If you think your place is small, imagine an 11X11 foot shed.

In book form, I just finished Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. I liked it, in a quiet, comforting way. It took me longer to read than it should have. I think it would be an excellent book for a trans-Atlantic flight, which isn't meant as a dis in any way because I did like it.

And I've finally read all of the Diary of A Wimpy Kids in the past two or so months, which is good because it's been kind of embarrassing checking them out of the library when it's obvious that The Bean is just not reading yet. They are funny. And you can read one in about an hour, which is pretty much my standard these days.

No comments: