April 20, 2010

I Hate Sippy Cups (and Some Other Things Too)

1. I hate sippy cups. They're so annoying. We have around a million and have probably lost around a thousand, but they're never where you need them to be. And The Bean is such a water drinker, which is good, but lord above if you go out and don't have a sippy cup. Then you have to buy bottled water at the store, stick a straw it and stop every two feet to give her a drink.

Can I tell you how many times we've run the dish washer because all the available sippy cups were in it? Three sippy cups, one plate, and a spoon and let's just use 10,000 kilowatts of energy. I'll spend 15 mins looking for a clean sippy cup only to find 17! sippys in the car. Well, what's one more?

2. I hate baby socks. They're so little. They're all over the house. They're never together and they're never in the drawer. And you can't send the kid out without socks. How come I've NEVER seen anyone else's kid in two different socks? What do they do differently? You know I'd toss all the current socks and buy 50 pairs of the same sock for The Bean except her feet keep growing.

3. I love Baby Bella, but I kind of hate her too. Baby Bella is the teeniest baby ever and has this hat around her neck that goes on and off and off and on. The Bean LOVES Baby Bella (most babies aren't named and if they are they usually happen to be named after Her Beaniness) and spends about 600 hours day looking for Bella because she's so small and about 900 hours DEMANDING that I (or N) put the baby's hat back on. Today I was really tempted to cut the stupid hat off, but, and this probably the true part that I hate, I was scared. I was scared to cut a stupid hat off a small plastic baby because it was nap time and I thought if the hat was truly off, Miss Bean might never nap again.

Then, after nap (which was nice and long happily), I was just scared of the trauma it might induce if I did snip the hat. The baby cost a $1! Why do have to think about it so?

4. My car. I just want it to be clean and not full of ancient toddler snacks and sippy cups and crumbs and a million kid books and, have I mentioned the crumbs?

2 comments:

Nicholas Gaffney said...

So, you love your back?

Jane said...

Could be worse...she could be obsessed with a pair of tiny finger puppets.