June 1, 2009

No TV Tuesdays!


Sorry, for the silence, kids. This has nothing to do with the lack of posts, but for a few months now, N. and I have been celebrating "No TV Tuesdays", which involves us not watching any TV or DVDs on, you guessed it, Tuesdays. It's not like we watch a ton of shows---the only show I watch regularly is "The Office". N. watches that and "Lost". But even though we're not the kind of people who are into a ton of shows every season, we do get sucked in. Although strangely we have somehow avoided American Idol. We do watch ourselves some Net Flix although we often keep a DVD for a few weeks before we get around to viewing it. Unless it's "The Trailer Park Boys". That we watch stupid fast. NTT was born so we'd have one day during the week when we just don't turn on the tube. It's a good thing. Although it does seem like Tuesdays come up crazy fast around here.

As if this wasn't crazy enough, N. implemented The No Internet on the Weekends!!! rule two weekends ago. That's right. After a designated time on Friday, we don't go online till MONDAY!! Of course there are exceptions, like if we need to look up a movie time or get a phone number. But in those cases it's just that one thing--nothing more. It's been an interesting exercise. I feel myself going for the computer, but can't. It's been a wake up call to see when I'd go online, which is in the "dead time." You know after the baby has gone for a nap, but before I go make the bed or when N. and I are waiting for The Bean to get up from a nap. And after dinner. And during lunch. And before breakfast. I realize I tend to shop online more on the weekends since no one ever updates their blog and there's never any good email. So maybe this new rule will save us money. And maybe I'll just buy more on Mondays.

Hope y'all had a nice weekend. Did YOU go online?

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hell yeah, I went online. I'd go crazy if I didn't. =) Scott even bought me a netbook so I can go online while watching Winter play. I have a problem, I think.