June 2, 2009

More Time Out Than In!!!

Dear Bean,

Today you are ten months! This is crazy and amazing.

You didn't sleep great last night and you didn't nap well today, but in general you are sleeping MUCH BETTER. Your two naps are generally over an hour and although you cry out several times while sleeping, most nights you fall back asleep on your own.

This morning your dad said you were in a really good mood when he got you out of your crib. He gave you mini waffles, banana, and an egg yolk for breakfast. Your babysitter came while you having your morning nap, but you woke up too early from it and you were quite unhappy. You felt a little better when Erica gave you a bottle. She was planning on putting you in the jogging stroller and going for a run, but since your dad came home before me in the afternoon, I'm not sure if she did or how it went. It's exciting to think that there will be a time when I'll be able to ask you about your day! Erica fed you lunch of edamame, cubed squashed, and alphabet pasta with veggie meatballs.

You and I played for a bit in the early part of the afternoon. I tried to take some pictures and videos of you, but you kept going for my camera. After what happened to my last digital camera, the new one is totally off baby limits, which you didn't like. For your afternoon snack you had more edamame and squash as well as some bunny crackers, and another veggie meatball. You are such a good eater; it's so exciting to give you new foods although sometimes it's stressful. I feel like I always need to be at least two meals ahead of you, which is tough since you have 4 meals a day!

After your snack, I went swimming and you went to the daycare at the gym. The daycare is so good for us! I want you to be comfortable at the daycare so you won't get into hysterics when I leave. You've been a tad more whimpery the last few weeks, but I don't think you've ever cried. Normally, it doesn't take much to get you to perk up. When I came to get you last week, you barely acknowledged me since you were having such a good time playing/watching the big girls

After the gym we went home to...EAT PIZZA! All of us to celebrate your 10-monthiness! You've been eyeing pizza since you were six months old so we decided that 10 months was old enough for you to have your own slice. Your pizza, which I prepped and your dad executed, had organic sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan organic mushrooms, fresh oregano, and basil. The three of us ate dinner together on our sun porch, which was awesome. I told your dad we should try doing it at least once a week. It won't kill us to eat at 5:00 and I think it's good for you to eat with us at home. You seemed to enjoy your pizza quite a lot. The one issue is that the dough was a little tough for someone with only two teeth, but you managed it pretty well. You also ate some of the jarred peas and brown rice, but I bet soon enough you'll refuse nasty jarred veggies when there's pizza on your tray. For dessert you had a blueberries and Cheerios.

I tried to give you some of your milk in a sippy cup tonight since you're supposed to be off the bottle by the time you're one. Since you do love your bottles, your dad and I thought we'd start this weaning now. You did okay for a while, but you were drinking REALLY fast and then you seemed to get tired and frustrated and bored so I gave you most of the milk in the bottle. Tomorrow, we'll try giving you the milk in the sippy cup after your morning nap when you're not so sleepy.

Oh, Bean, this post is already so long and I haven't even mentioned all the things you're into! Or all the things you can do like Angry Gorilla face and all your excellent Banging of Things. Your favorite thing in the world right now it standing up. You need to hold onto something, but you can do it with one hand. And you've balanced by yourself for a few seconds here and there. In the past few weeks, you've become a really fast crawler. You love crawling down the hall away from us and you love love love crawling into the bathroom, pulling yourself over the tub. It seems like you could spend hours in the bathroom, which is why we call you Bathroom Inspector every time you crawl in there. Other things that amuse you: goggles, real keys, real cell phones, a stuffed yellow monkey I bought for your dad years ago, wallets, Styrofoam cups, the plastic container that contained the goggles, diaper packages, and a digital camera minus the battery and memory card that used to be mine.

It's crazy and amazing that ten months ago you were this little red swaddled thing and now you're you! YOU! I feel so very lucky about that. Happy 10 Months, Baby Girl!

Love,
BKLYN Mama

No comments: