May 17, 2009

I'm Sorry To Have To Do This To You But

I feel the need to update you on the rug sitch. On last week's episode we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of the ABC carpet rug. The colorful striped one. Well, it arrived, the baby napped, furniture was moved, and the rug was laid down. And I just couldn't get over the stripped colorfullness of it. But N. liked it and since he's the artiste in the family, I thought maybe I was just seeing things wrong. After three days of horrible, angsty striped stress, I snagged our neighbor/landlord for her opinion. And she agreed with me. Or rather, she was able to verbalize my angsty feelings into like words. The colorful striped rug was quite nice BUT IT CLASHED WITH ALL OUR FURNITURE!

Case closed. We moved all the furniture out, wrapped it up, and put down the new, smaller very brown rug, which N. curled up on in fetal position, crying that he, "just wanted the rug saga to be over with." I was happy with the brown rug maybe because ALL OUR FURNITURE IS BROWN. I've accepted that I'm going to have to vacuum the hell out of it for the next few months to stop the shedding and I'm alright with that. Totally off the topic, but The Bean is OBSESSED with the vacuum. I used it today and she just stared at it laughing. When I vaccumed her with it she went totally spastic with laughter, which was pretty awesome until she started licking it.

Anyway we still had to return the ABC rug, which meant me losing two days of my life opening a UPS account and trying to schedule a pickup and then cancelling the pick up because we didn't have a necessary Return Merchandise Number and it was the weekend and blah blah blah and then we finally got the stupid number and then I had to spent another three hours trying to deal with the UPS account until N. said he'd do it because he was afraid I was going to injure my computer. And then it looked like it was going to cost $130.00! so N. said he'd bring it to UPS, which he very kindly did only to discover it cost like $109.00, but whatever. I think we spent $200 sending rugs back and we still haven't gotten $ back from ABC but we will!

And since I know N. will never read this post because as he likes to say he "lives the rug saga" I'm going to tell everyone that he has a tail. Like a monkey's!

1 comment:

Nick said...

It's very small and furry.