November 25, 2009

Mmmmmmm!

That's what The Bean says when she's eating something particularly tasty. Like mom's homemade split pea soup or soup from Price Chopper or no nitrate Chicken dogs. It's actually really nice to hear her enthusiasm especially if it is something I made. I rarely get the mmmm's from N.

I'm hoping that the mashed potatoes I just made get some mmmm's from The Bean. If the fat content doesn't kill ya, they're pretty darn good. The secret I learned last year is avoiding Russets like the plague. It's all about the Yukons, baby. They're so much easier to mash---in fact I think I might have overdone it and whipped them. Oh well. What's not to love about butter, sour cream, and the top secret ingredient?

We'll heading down to Boston tomorrow and then over to Newport for some chowder on Sat. I'm looking forward to it and forcing myself to be zen about naps. She'll sleep when she's tired, right?

Anyway, posting will probably be nil till we come back so enjoy your turkey and your family. Come on, it's family.

1 comment:

Matthias said...

light cream, butter, sharp cheddar, and roasted garlic are all good things to add to mashed pertaters, too. even - no, *especially* all at once.

i used to like mashing ketchup into my taters too, i bet a baby'd like that as well.