July 2, 2009

This One (Girl) Goes To Eleven (Months)!

Dear Bean,
Today you are 11 months old in New York City! What's so crazy about you being 11 months today is that in four short weeks you'll be one year old. Wow!

After you got up today your dad fed you breakfast---I'm not sure what, but it was probably tasty. Then you guys went for a walk in Central Park, which is the new morning routine while we're here. I took you yesterday to see the dogs, which you love. It's great seeing you get excited about things, which is mostly dogs and the occasional horse. We played a bit when you came back and then you took a nap and I went shopping with your grandma and when you got up your dad took you for a walk with his friend Ken. I believe there was a sandbox involved in your playground. For lunch your dad gave you 6! organic chicken nuggets. That seemed like a lot to me, but he said you got pretty hungry.

You were not happy when you woke up from your long afternoon nap, but eventually you snapped out of it and were mildly entertained by the two boys who had taken over the apartment. After they got tired of their DVD, we went out to another playground where you crawled around on wet concrete and chewed on a fence. Oh, you also got your first taste of junk food since I gave you some Pirate's Booty and other "healhty" puffy, cheesy things. I'm not surprised that you dug it.

It started raining and the boys got restless so we walked them to Amsterdam with their mom, went back to the apartment where you ate macaroni and cheese, yam, a little bit of Indian food, which you did not like, and some fruit. Then you got loopy tired drunk, which is funny because it's easy to make you laugh. Your grandma made you laugh a lot! Then the boys and their parents came back and you watched them for a bit before your dad gave you a bottle and put you to bed.

I feel a little sorry that I didn't spend so much time with you today, but also happy that you're such an amazing little girl. This has been a great month---you're happy and sleeping and eating up a storm and seem pretty close to walking.You're been a trooper with all the traveling.

I can't wait to see (and kiss and hug and laugh with) you tomorrow.
xo, mama

3 comments:

Uncle B said...

I guess your uncle wasn't around for this installment, but believe me, we had some good times too. Remember the mess we made with that hummus? Your pointed criticisms of Lacy on the clarinet? That time you waved?

You're gonna make us lonesome when you go, Peach. See you in a few weeks for your birthday.

Jane said...

LOL. LOVE the post title.

Happy belated 11 month birthday, little G!

Marjean said...

I am sorry I missed you, G. I hope your mom will give me a raincheck. You are such a big girl now. My sister saw your picture -- you were much younger then -- atop a bookcase and asked who that beautiful child was. Tell Mom that if I can't see you in person, I should at least get to see pictures of your birthday party. Or tell Dad. He's the pro.