November 17, 2008

Back in Town!


The Bean and I returned from our travels yesterday. And excellent time was had by all thanks most especially to Unkie, Granny, and Dr. Muel. But of course we are thrilled to be back with Papa N! To celebrate the return of the family unit, Baby Bean and Papa Bean got styling new hats today. And guess what? It snowed. Even better? It didn't stick!

More better and thrilling than all of the above is that I FINISHED THAT DARN BOOK. Yes, it only took about 10 weeks and 2 renewals, but I finished the first novel since the arrival of The Bean. It was some random mystery by Laura Lippman and it took me so long to read that I forgot all the plot points, which I guess defeats the point of reading a mystery. I never read a mystery before but somehow it seemed like a low-investment. Still I feel accomplished. And probably a little cocky since I took out 2! new books from the library this afternoon. Neither of the new books are mysteries either.

And now I'm gonna to take the opportunity to go read (or maybe nap) since Papa N is home and The Bean is talking to herself up in her crib.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Double yikes! Don't follow in the footsteps of your Aunt Maria! One vehicle mishap in a week is all I can take!